Lyngoby Win Labs
- 09/01/12 - 10/01/12
Apple Free with In-App Purchase
Lyngo makes learning a new language easy and fun by connecting language newbies with native speakers instantly on live video chat. This free app instantly connects you to a native speaker of the language you're learning which allows you to continually practice your pronunciation and grammar as well as enhancing your vocabulary.
Lyngo lets you:
* instantaneously connect with a native speaker of English, Spanish, French, or German
* track your progress through ratings given by your partner after each chat session on pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary
* play additional interactive language games and extended conversation will be unlocked with in-app purchase
The first version of Lyngo will be released supporting 4 languages: English, Spanish, French, German. Built with internationalization in mind, Lyngo could be widely used in more than just the U.S.
Normal User flow
Users will be prompted to speak one of the languages for 5 minutes. After the first 5 minutes is up, they will then be asked to speak the second language for another 5 minutes. A countdown timer will appear near the end of the second language conversation and the app will ask both users to rate their partner.
Users can view their own profile to see their proficiency in the following categories: pronunciation, grammer, vocabulary, overall, as rated by their partners.
Future enhancements include:
* Additional interactive video chat games available upon in-app purchase
* Additional conversation time available upon in-app purchase
* Ability to "favorite" a user to be able to chat with continually
Why Should You Back This App?
Lyngo will be the first mobile app to allow language newbies to connect with native speakers around the world. This app will help people around the world learn a language more quickly. With built-in localization this app could have worldwide distribution.
What Will The Money Be Used For?
Enhance the design of the app, complete development of the core functionality, develop interactive language games via video chat, adding more languages, internationalization